Careers at Brolik
We’re always looking for talented individuals who want to invest themselves in our innovative digital agency that is poised for growth. Our team is made up of talented creatives that support and motivate each other to excel.
We run the agency with the right balance of structure and flexibility, pushing the old agency model with a tech company spin. If you’re looking for an agency that does great work, and also promotes professional development, personal brand, efficiency and work/life balance, then you’ve found the right place.
Brolik is looking for a driven web designer to join our growing agency in Philadelphia.
We are looking for a Web Designer who will be responsible for creating great websites and other digital assets for our clients. Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative designs for client websites, as well as creating visual elements and digital marketing assets that are in line with our clients' branding. You will be working closely with our marketing and web development teams to ensure proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. You will also need a functioning knowledge of front end development practices and implementation.
We’re looking for someone to thrive in our open, collaborative agency environment and who appreciates the current state of the web and how technology and usability can benefit our clients and our agency.
- A relevant diploma in related field
- At least 1-2 years of experience
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and other visual design tools
- Excellent visual design skills
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Creative and open to new ideas
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with team and clients
- Design a wide range of assets for social media, emails, landing pages, display ads and websites
- Testing and improving the designs of client websites
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients
- Working with different content management systems
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, sitemaps and wireframes
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure
- Format and design client deliverables
- Communicate thoroughly, thoughtfully and effectively with the team, clients and other contacts
- Attend and contribute to organizational meetings
- Accurately track all time spent on both internal and client facing initiatives
- Act as an additive and vital component of the Brolik team and work cooperatively to uphold and improve the company culture
After an initial interview, qualified candidates will also be judged on a 1-3 hour design project (completed off site) that we will administer. We’ll provide all requirements and assets needed to complete the project, which is standalone and will test both creative concepting and design.
Candidates should submit a cover letter expressing why they would be strong candidate for the job, a resume and portfolio website, and any professional references.
Email your resume and cover letter.
Full Stack Web Developer
Brolik is looking for a full stack web developer to join our agency and grow into a leadership role within the company.
We build advanced tech products and drive growth for our clients through digital marketing campaigns. We have an open, collaborative environment, and we believe that a casual and comfortable work setting leads to better productivity.
We’re looking for someone to thrive in this environment and who appreciates the current state of the web and how technology and usability can benefit our clients and our agency.
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week that we are looking to fill by February, 2019.
We are looking for a candidate with experience with automated deployment processes, building scalable development infrastructure, managing contracted developers (a network of trusted contractors is a huge plus) and working directly with end clients.
Candidates should be comfortable developing things from scratch, but understand what pre-existing tools are available to them to fit a project's requirements. The key is using the best solution for each client's needs. Experience with WordPress, Craft and/or other common CMSs is a plus.
Relevant coursework and open-source projects on GitHub, CodePen, jsFiddle and Stack Overflow are a bonus. We’re more focused on attitude, problem solving skills, and motivation to learn on one's own; syntax can be looked up, but if you don’t know how to solve the problem, you don’t know what code to research.
- CSS / Sass / Compass
- Angular JS
- Slim Framework
- MySql / Mongo
- MySqli & PDO
- Experience working with a LAMP and WAMP stack
Planning, coding and collaborating on small to large-scale development projects. This includes brand websites, eCommerce websites, web apps, enterprise websites and applications, and almost any code challenge that is required to complete a job for a client. Most of the time, development work is done off of wireframes, flat designs and a UI kit, but candidates should be ready and willing to help with or lead wireframing and minimal design tasks as well.
After an initial interview, qualified candidates will also be judged on a 1-3 hour code project (completed off site) that we will administer. We’ll provide all requirements and assets needed to complete the project, which is standalone and will test several different aspects of code planning and development.
Candidates should submit a cover letter expressing why they would be strong candidate for the job, a resume, portfolio website, any social coding websites they are active on (GitHub, BitBucket, CodePen, Stack Overflow, codewars, etc), and any professional references.
Email your resume and cover letter.